On 9/7/05, Luke Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And this is based on lexical expansion.  Which is cool.  In fact, once
> upon a time I was going to propose that junctions are a purely lexical
> entity, expanded into greps and whatnot by the compiler; that you
> can't ever stick them in variables.  Your examples above are just more
> attestment to that, since there is not one of them that I can't write
> confining all junctions to lexical areas.

Here's a Real Live Perl 6 module I wrote recently.  I've omitted a few
magic portions of the code for clarity.

    module Trace-0.01-BRENTDAX;

    my $active;

    sub activate(*%newtags) {
        $active |= any(keys %newtags);
    }

    sub trace([EMAIL PROTECTED] is copy, *%to is copy) is export {
        if $active eq any('all', keys %to) {
                print $ERR: @msg;
                return [EMAIL PROTECTED] #but true;
        }
        return;
    }

I rather like that non-lexical use of junctions.

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker