Hi,

Juerd wrote:
> Ingo Blechschmidt skribis 2005-09-09 15:12 (+0200):
>> I agree that the comma operator creates an anonymous array, but I do
>> not agree that it behaves as if it has [] around it.
>>
>> Creating an anonymous array does not require creating new containers
>> --
>
> So comma in scalar context creates an array of aliases?

Exactly! :)

(Presuming that I understood things correctly, of course.)

> That would be a welcome difference.

I like that behaviour, too. :)

>> should change $bar to $baz (you reminded me of this property of
>> &infix:<,> in
>
> Infix? Infix operators are binary, comma is not.

I took the name from Pugs's PIL. The signature of &infix:<,> is ([EMAIL
PROTECTED]),
so it isn't strictly binary, of course.

I think the name &infix:<,> is based on the names of the chained
comparators:

    1 < 2 < 3;              # is really
    &infix:{"<"}(1, 2, 3);

(This is, as far as I know, not specced. Take it as an report on Pugs's
internals.)

--Ingo

--
Linux, the choice of a GNU | Row, row, row your bits, gently down
generation on a dual AMD   | stream...