Eric skribis 2005-09-21 16:46 (-0600):
> Since you wouldn't expect an object to stringify or numify [...]

Oh? I would in fact expect many objects to stringify or numify to useful
values. Just like I expect an array reference to stringify as if it was
an array, I expect an HTTP header object to stringify as an actual HTTP
header.

By the way, is it really this simple?

    class HTTP::Header is Pair {
        foo {
            "{.key}: {.value ~~ s/\n/\n /g}"

Where "foo" is whatever is needed to override stringification.

I am assuming that s/// does not mutate, because mutation isn't
something I think a smart *match* operator should do. (To be honest, I
don't think s/// and ~~ should belong together.) How does this actually
work?

Also, it'd be nice to be able to say s/^^/ /g, but have it skip the
first. There's :2nd, but is there also something like :(2...)th?

> On 9/21/05, Juerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Please reply properly: below quotation (not above), per subject
(usually: per paragraph), and stripping useless junk like signatures.

> --

Speaking of signatures... Instruct your mailer to use sigdashes, that
is: dash, dash, space. Without the space, it's not special, and not
recognised automatically by the many mailers that are capable of
recognising sigdashes.

Juerd