On 10/5/05, Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 16:57:51 +0100, Peter Haworth wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:17:05 +0200, TSa wrote:
> > > Whow, how does a higher level exception catcher *in general* know
> > > what type it should return and how to construct it? The innocent
> > > foo() caller shouldn't bother about a quux() somewhere down the line
> > > of command. Much less of its innards.
> >
> > Well said.
>

> No! Not well said at all!
>
> The exception handler knows *EVERYTHING* because it knows what
> exception it caught:

I don't think it was a "how is this possible", but more of a "what
business does it have?".  And as far as I gathered, they're saying
pretty much what you've been saying, but in a different way.  It's
about the continuation boundary; that is, if you're outside a module,
you have no say in how the module does its business.  You can continue
only at the module boundary, replacing a return value from its public
interface.

Of course, exactly how this "public interface" is declared is quite undefined.

Luke