On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 13:08:27 -0700, chromatic wrote:
> Closed classes should not exist.
>
> At least, they should only exist if the person *running* Perl 6 wants
> them to exist -- never if merely the class writer wants to close them.

In theory I agree, and I hope that will be the defacto way of doing
it, but if perl 6 gets compiled portably to many different
bytecodes (which it seems like it will) someone somewhere will write
a backend which allows people to encrypt, and people will use it.

I think this is something we need to accept, even if it isn't
something we like.

--
 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me sneaks up from another MIME part: neeyah!!!!!