Just an FYI to anyone who is interested.

I have implemented the basic Eigenclass structure into the most recent meta-model prototype. It basically looks like this:

  Class
    ^
    :
  eFoo<.......eBar
   Foo<.......Bar

This allows for completely inheritable class methods.

However, this does have an impact on the use of custom meta-classes (see the "Custom Metaclass and Inheritance of Class Methods" thread for more detail), as well as a speed impact (class creation is now more expensive because the eigenclass needs to be explicitly created for each class in order to deal with inheritance properly). As I said in the svn commit message, it is currently in the "get it working" stage, I will now clean it up and hopefully speed it up.

Stevan