On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Rob Kinyon wrote:

I'd like to take this moment and point to my somewhat hand-wavy
metamodel proposal from last week. When Stevan and I were talking
about this, we called it a "quark." "Atom" also works quite nicely,
but quarks are cooler.

They're also colorful. Does this mean we will have a colour trait? But most importantly, who is supposed to be $Muster_Mark?

Seriously, "quark" was originally chosen as a name because of the appearance of _three_ (somewhat "mysterious") "objects". Now it would indeed be cool to borrow the term in a CS context, especially in Perl, but it would be better suited in a "naturally ternary" (say, {property,structure}-wise) context.

Michele
--
Il tempo e' denaro, ma anche il denaro e' denaro.
- William Gibson, "L'accademia dei sogni".