On 11/1/05, Jonathan Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the third case, I'd be inclined to say that passing the buck is
> equivalent to creating an undefined version of your own - that is, not
> addressing a conflict involving method x is equivalent to saying
> "method x ($arg) { ... }".  IOW, a class that does a role that passed
> the buck is faced with an "undefined method" complaint if it doesn't
> do something about it, not an "unresolved conflict" complaint.

Well, I think that the two are pretty much the same thing.  I mean,
you have to do the same thing to fix it: define your own version.

Given that, it's probably best to call it "unresolved conflict", so
people don't stare at the role they are including and its definition
of the method and yell at the compiler "IT'S RIGHT THERE!".  It's just
an error message issue.

Luke