There's a bikeshedding question of some visibility: now that we have a
C<fail> builtin, what do we do with C<Test::fail>?

There's plenty of code out there that uses fail as an exported function
from pugs' Test.pm or Perl 5 testing modules. We want to keep Test
primitives exported and fun to use, to encourage people to use them a
lot; so requiring a fully qualified call would go against the grain.
But the builtin has even more of that concern: it should become the more
common, too. If one is to be renamed, it looks like is the Test one,
despite existing legacy code.

Discussion on #perl6 brought up &flunk as a candidate name. Its merits,
including its, uh, dropout cuteness, are many; it rings well against
fail, alludes to tests, can probably be backported to the Perl 5 test
modules, etc.

What say?

[++] <dduncan autrijus>

--