HaloO,

Nicholas Clark wrote:
I think that Larry is referring to slightly larger and more expensive rockets
than regular fireworks: http://www.siam.org/siamnews/general/ariane.htm

I know. But where would we put Perl 6 onto a range of programming languages parrallel to rockets ranging from fireworks to the Ariane 5?
Do you assume Perl 6 will replace Ada or subsets of it like SPARK-Ada?

The conclusion of the article is exactly my point: preparing for
handling your own errors. This is not directly the task of the
underlying language. It has to provide the means though. And I agree
that the idea is to confine errors and not propagate them. But that
is more the task of catch blocks then undef values.