On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 18:53:25 +0000, Herbert Snorrason wrote:
> Perl6 will have macros. Good. Cool. But, sadly, that seems to be close
> to the most specific thing anyone says about the subject. There is
> some further discussion in Apocalypse & Exegesis 6, but nothing in the
> Synopsis.
>
> Now, considering that macros are a language feature and that the
> Synopses are presented as the language spec, I wonder if there
> shouldn't be something there. Exactly what, though, I won't pretend to
> know. :)

Basically the plan is that when an internal AST language is decided
upon, the macros will be able to get either the source code text, or
an AST.

Then the macros have to emit butchered text, or butchered ASTs.

Aside from that they are normal perl 6 subroutines, that simply get
invoked during compile time instead of during runtime.

The AST language (maybe it'll be PIL based) is not yet final, so
there's not much to say.

--
 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me climbs a brick wall with his fingers: neeyah!