[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

We can't. The problem is that:

    foo .bar

has to mean:

    foo($_.bar)

So the only way to allow whitespace in dot operations is to put it after the dot.

Damian

I believe Larry's latest updates to Synopses allow for some syntactic categories to be disabled in certain context, and to allow priorities between categories. So would this make sense? --

- C<.bar> can be successfully parsed as both method call (postfixish something?) and term - when postfix is disallowed, such as at the beginning of an expression or after a paren, C<.bar> is a term and means C<$_.bar> - otherwise, it's a method call, and to get C<foo ($_.bar)> you have to at least say C<foo (.bar)> -- requiring this actually seems more readable to me.

   Miro