Gaal Yahas wrote:
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 04:02:35PM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
: I'm probably not thinking hard enough, so if anyone can come up with an
: implementation please give it :)  Otherwise, how about we add this to
: the language?

Maybe that's just what reduce operators do in list context.

I love this idea and have implemented it in r10246. One question though,
what should a scan for chained ops do?

  list [==] 0, 0, 1, 2, 2;
      # bool::false?
# (bool::true, bool::true, bool::false, bool::false, bool::false)
Keeping in mind that the scan will contain the boolean results of the comparisons, you'd be comparing 2 with "true" in the later stages of the scan. Is that what you intended, or would ~~ be more appropriate?

(And I'm with Smylers on this one: show me a useful example, please.)

=Austin