OK, I admit I wasn't thinking about things from a DBC perspective, and
misunderstood "DBC" to be a reference to some database module.  I here
am new and I didn't have context.  My bad.

But if we're talking design-by-contract, I don't see how "Array is
Array::Const" can work, either, since I consider the inability to
modify the elements of a constant array an explicit part of its
contract.

Therefore, if we're supporting DBC, I would say that Array and
Array::Const should not have an is-a relationship at all, but should
be sibling classes, inheriting from an abstract sequence-type parent
class whose definition makes no statements one way or the other about
modifications to elements.