On 9/7/06, Mark Stosberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

To refine this point a bit, the spec is clear that 'when' is useful not
just with 'given' but with "any block that sets $_".

I agree that it should be an error outside of "any block that sets $_",

I disagree.  I don't see aproblem with having it usable anywhere and just
always testing the current value of $_, whatever it may happen to be; if $_
hasn't been set at all, that would be caught by a standard check for use of
uninitialized variables (presumably available pragma-tically at least).  So
I don't see a need for a specific restriction on the use of "when".

--
Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>