On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 01:59:23PM +0300, Gaal Yahas wrote:
: On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 06:46:50PM +0800, Audrey Tang wrote:
: > >Does this mean a single named parameter called $x, or a default invocant
: > >and a single required positional named $x?
: >
: > "A default invocant" prolly doesn't make sense there... There's
: > nothing to "default" to. :-)
:
: What invocant is constructed in this signature then?
:
:     method foo ($just_a_named_param)
:
: Is the signature for &foo really the same as that of bar?
:
:        sub bar ($just_a_named_param)

Maybe methods and submethods turn

    method foo ($just_a_named_param)

into

    method foo ($ : $just_a_named_param)

Since we regularized invocants, there's much less need for an empty
invocant, so maybe the $ is required there if you put the :.  If so, we
should probably explicitly say that there are no variables of the form
"$:", "$;", or "$,", so those will always be taken as "$ :", "$ ;", and
"$ ," respectively.  At least within signatures.

In any case, prefix ':' is not an operator.  In :(:$foo) the :$
starts a token, so you'd have to put space between to mean :(: $foo).

: I was sort of assuming you could tell by a signature if it was for a
: method or a sub.

I'm trying to decide if

   sub ($self: $just_a_named_param)

can meaningfully put anything into $self.  It seems doubtful, and it should
probably be

   submethod ($self: $just_a_named_param)

So for the jet-lagged moment I think your assumption is valid.  I might
jet-delag at any moment, however...

Larry