At 11:07 AM -0700 9/12/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
+=head1 Cross operators
+
+The final metaoperator is the C<X> metaoperator.  It applies the
+modified operator across all permutations of its list arguments.  All
+C<X> operators are of list infix precedence, and are list associative.

AT LAST!

I remember raising the want of such an operator on this list a year ago, but nothing really came out of it. Specifically I mean the thread "crossing lists" that I posted on 2005 Oct 27:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.language/23878

But now I can update, for example, ext/Locale-KeyedText/ from this:

  method get_set_member_combinations of Array of Str () {
      return [EMAIL PROTECTED]:{ @!set_names »~« $_ }];
  }

To this:

  method get_set_member_combinations of Array of Str () {
      return [EMAIL PROTECTED] X~ @!member_names];
  }

So the code is now much more understandable as to what it does.

It should also help me to implement some aspects of Set::Relation, maybe.

Thank you for this update.

-- Darren Duncan