At 1:30 PM -0700 5/24/07, Larry Wall wrote:
Yes, provided we consider Junction and Any to both be subtypes of Object.

All this time, I was thinking that "Any" and "Object" were synonymous, that Any is a symbolic|syntactic alias for Object, and Any is not a subtype of Object.

Object is the maximal type of the type system, such that every type isa Object.

Any is an alias for Object, used to mark parameters or variables that are allowed to hold values of any type, because spelling Any rather than Object is friendlier for humans.

Afaik, saying Object $foo is the same as Any $foo.

There is no type called Any; that is just a flag for when you accept Object.

Or so I was thinking.

If the actual situation is different, please say how.

-- Darren Duncan