> Well, yes, "Everything is an Object" is the politically correct mantra.  :)

True, but junctions aren't usually in the scope of CS PC...

OK, so let me see if I can wrap a conceptualization around this.
Logically, the type "Object" is itself a junction, that of all
possible types, while "Any" means "Any single one of the possibilities
that make up Object"; much as lowercase "any" essentially extracts the
appropriate single value from a junction.

Hmm, maybe we should just rename Object to something more generic.
There are plenty of candidates:

Indeed.  Something shorter might be nice, but I wasn't proposing a
rename.  Besides, "Top" just reeks of LDAP.  Oh, and you left out
"Root".  It being the root of the type hierarchy and all.

    Life::Universe::Everything

...which no doubt numifies to 42.

Thanks again for answering my silly questions.

--
Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>