This is basically the same question I had about file test operators
earlier
(http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.language/2007/04/msg27415.htm
l). I never got an answer on my syntax question and the discussion went
off to talk about file tests instead of pair notation.

>From S02 "The general radix form of a number involves prefixing with
the radix in adverbial form".

This seems to say that there are non-general radix forms, and that
those might involve a different radix form that's not adverbial.

Later in the "Literals" section of S02, there's a chart of the
corresponding forms for fat arrow, pair, and paren notation. It has

   a => 'foo'      :a<foo>      :a(<foo>)

That looks like it might mean that these are corresponding forms:

   8 => 377    :8<377>    :8(377)

Now, if I can do that, what happens to the pair form in a hash composer
when I want the key of '8' and the value of :10<377>?

Also, going a bit further, the table lists

So can I do things like

   255 => <10 1 0 6>;  # hey, that looks like an IP address

   :255<10 1 0 6>; # is that the same as :255[ 10,1,0,6 ] ?

And, if that works, what might this do?

   q:w:255<10 1 0 6>