Am I the only one having bad flashbacks to Occam, here?  (Transputing Will
Change Everything!)

My $0.02, FWIW:

Concurrency is surprising.  Humans don't think that way.  And programs
aren't written that way - any program represented as a byte stream is
inherently sequential in nature.

Where the system can detect opportunities for parallel execution, great, but
you have to be careful.  Automatic concurrency should only happen when it
doesn't change the results at all (apart from making them appear faster).
When I want things to be explicitly parallel in a way that can interfere
with the apparent flow of execution, that should be a Big Red Blinking
Border around the code, not something subtle like "forall" instead of
"foreach" or doubled curlies.