Hi Jonathan,

* Jonathan Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-02-24 22:30]:
> So if I'm understanding you correctly, the following would be
> an example of what you're talking about:
>
>   { use text; if $a > "49" { say $a } }
>
> ...with the result being the same as Perl5's 'if $a gt "49" {
> say $a }' (so if $a equals '5', it says '5'). Am I following
> you? If so, I'm not seeing what's so exciting about the
> concept; all it is is a package that redefines a set of
> operators for whatever scopes use it. If I'm not following you,
> I'm totally lost.

you’re indeed following me. And it’s indeed not very exciting.

And that’s exactly the point. I find that regular, type-based
overloading is *very* exciting… but not in a good way. An
approach that makes operator overloading an unexciting business
therefore seems very useful to me.

Regards,