On 2008-Sep-23, at 8:38 am, TSa wrote:
Moritz Lenz wrote:
In Perl 5 a negative limit means "unlimited", which we don't have to do
because we have the Whatever star.

I like the notion of negative numbers as the other end of infinity.

I think positive values and zero make sense. But I don't want to give funny meanings to negatives; it would be better to replace the int limit with a range instead. (Maybe it would be OK to accept a single Int as short for 1..$i, or *-$i as short for *-$i..*.)

Then again, we could get rid of the limit arg altogether, return everything, and take a slice of the result -- assuming it can be lazy enough to calculate only what ends up getting sliced out.

-David