HaloO,

Leon Timmermans wrote:
But of what use would one() if it were to use those semantics? It
would be essentially the same as any(), and it would definitely not
DWIM.

So you want one(1,1,2,3) to compare equal to 2 or 3 and exclude 1
because it is in the junction twice. That could be accomplished
by not putting it in at all, as well. So the unification step of
a one() junction drops duplicates completely?

I see your point because the uniqueness test all(@array) == one(@array)
always returns true if the junctions are unified before the comparison
takes place. So the only way out is to make the definition that a one()
junction drops duplicates completely.

My personal favorite use of one() junctions would be in types.
A Dog^Cat is either a Dog or a Cat but never something that
does a combined role. But we don't have that in the language.
Instead we have Dog|Cat and the juxtaposition Dog Cat.

Regards, TSa.
--

"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity" -- C.A.R. Hoare
"Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- A.J. Perlis