HaloO,

Carl Mäsak wrote:
Pugs and Elf currently numify a Pair object to 2, and Rakudo currently
dies of despair.

My guess is that the semantics of Pugs and Elf falls out naturally
form a pair being treated as a list of two elements, or something. The
question still deserves to be raised whether always-2 is a good
semantics, or whether one would prefer some other default.

My idea is to let a pair numify to whatever the value numifies to.
Same thing with stringification. In general I think that a pair should
hide its key as far as possible if used as non-pair.

Regards, TSa.
--

"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity" -- C.A.R. Hoare
"Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- A.J. Perlis