Em Qui, 2009-01-08 às 13:42 +1100, Timothy S. Nelson escreveu:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Jon Lang wrote:
> > How would I define the method for writing to an iterator?
>       I guess I'd assumed that writing to an iterator wouldn't be possible,
> as there are kinds of iterators where writing to them makes no sense; I'd
> assumed that if you wanted to write to something you'd use a list.  Other
> than
> as an interesting exercise, I don't see the point of using an iterator for
> this purpose (there may *be* uses, but I don't see them).

There is at least one use: Some databases (berkeley db comes to my mind)
allow you to perform inserts using a cursor (which would be an iterator
in this case). The Java API also provides a insert mechanism...

Although in some cases, the update API will be specific to the object
you're dealing with, it can just be a regular object which happens to
implement the Iterator role...

daniel