--- On Mon, 4/1/10, yary <not....@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: yary <not....@gmail.com>

> How about
> multi sub foo(Any $name) { die "Houston, we have a major
> malfunction."}

Looks like tha would work, but it forces the developer to remember to write
this extra code every time they may have a constraint failure, if they forget,
we're back to the old, cryptic message.  It would be much nicer to be able to
do this (psuedo-code, obviouly):

  subset Filename of Str where { $_ ~~ :f }
    :OnFail { "No such file: '$_'" }
  subset Celsius  of Num where { $_ >= -273.15 }
    :OnFail { "Celsius temperature should be a Num >= -273.15, not '$_' " }

With something akin to that, developers won't have to write extra boilerplate
every time a constraint fails.  Plus, the code is friendlier :)

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/