Perl contains two files which contain the infamous BSD
advertising clause.  This means that Perl cannot technically
be distributed under the GPL.  The files in question are:

  ext/SDBM_File/sdbm/dbm.h
  ext/SDBM_File/sdbm/dbm.c

Currently Perl's documentation is *NOT* in compliance with
this clause.  However the following suggests that we can
simply remove the clause:

  ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

In a brief search I found no other sign of any other potential
problems for people wishing to distribute under the GPL.

Cheers,
Ben