Ben Tilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could you point me at this policy?  My understanding from
> reading what Richard has written is that he would like it
> if all software were GPLed and GPL only.

GNU's policy on Perl licensing is on GNU's main license page,
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html.  To quote it:

  The license of perl.
  [...]
      We recommend you use this license for any Perl package you write, to
      promote coherence and uniformity in Perl programming.

> Indeed the OSI would like it clarified as well partly because it is widely
> used.  In fact item 1 of the OSD (which you can find at
> http://www.opensource.org/osd.html) was carefully written to avoid
> conflicting with item 5 of the Artistic License.  I have seen Bruce Perens
> comment that it would be nice to tighten that item up.

Yes, IIRC, I believe I included references to these items in the RFC.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

PGP signature