Larry Wall spoke:

> Here are some from the "bad" directory.  (reads from one) ... and they
> want us to solve the halting problem.  No.

<groan> That was RFC12, mine. I can't figure out why so many people
interpret that RFC as requiring a solution to the halting problem. If
anything, it explicitly recognizes that the halting problem is
insoluble. Many compilers compute reachability; it's not fundamentally
hard. Perhaps I should have used the theoretical terms, and talked about
use-def and def-use chains, GEN and KILL sets? But that would have
limited the audience, and made it an internals RFC.

Ah guess what I needs is to explicate them arfseez better. <ObNihongo>
Gomen nasai. Zyuu ni ban wa boku no tsumaranaimono desu yo. I guess I'll
try again to get my frozen version accepted into the RFC list. Maybe if
I add a "why you don't need to solve the halting problem" section and
translate it into Japanese, Larry'll revisit it -- he'll be able to work
on perl6 and study Japanese at the same time? :-|