Tom Christiansen writes:
: >Well, I hope they enforce it.  We're starting to get all sorts of
: >gobbledygook in the subjects of mail messages.  I'd love it if mailers
: >rejected messages whose headers contain illegal UTF-8 sequences.
:
: That's not too hard to do. :-)

Technologically, yes.  But culturally we have to get buy in from
everyone who currently sends Latin-1 in headers.

At the moment I am personally running a compromise solution.  If a
subject has more than 50% high-bit characters in the subject, it goes
straight into my spam mailbox without trying any of the other heuristics.

Larry