Stephen Potter pointed me to this rather surprising IDG story:

 <URL:http://www.sunworld.com/sunworldonline/swol-03-2000/swol-03-perl.html>

In Singapore I gave an updated version of the Topaz talk from last
year's Perl Conference.  Apparently, this reporter missed a few
nuances:

 1. I've committed to demonstrate Topaz running *simple* Perl programs
    at TPC 4.0 (which is actually in July).

 2. I'm planning to use Borland's C++ compiler for Topaz's Windows
    support, because it's very MS-compatible, but free (as in beer).

I wonder how to best counter the incorrect message(s) in this
otherwise very positive article.  A slashdot story?  Eh, maybe when we
have some milestone like having the parser working.

Suggestions?
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>