John Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wouldn't even mention it, except that mv'ing in CVS seems to be
> such a big deal: mv'ing a file in ClearCase is mindblowingly easy;
> it does the rmelem and mkelem automatically (of course, the source
> and destination dirs have to be checked out).

OK, here's a band-aid:

    http://john-edwin-tobey.org/Perl/cvsmv

Here's the documentation:

    Usage:
      cvsmv FILE NEW      - do this after mv FILE NEW
      cvsmv DIR NEW       - do *NOT* first mv DIR NEW
      cvsmv ... DIR       - do this after moving files, but not dirs, to DIR

    You move the files, I move the directories, I move stuff in CVS.
    I commit every move so I can add appropriate log messages.

Sorry, it's not in CVS.  ;-)

--
John Tobey, late nite hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>