According to Ilya Zakharevich:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 02:25:53PM -0400, Bennett Todd wrote:
> > Yup, if you're willing to lose the ability to just look at the RCS
> > tree and nothing else and [nearly] reconstruct the represended
> > directory heirarchy (modulo only deletions),
>
> Given that the file above lives in the RCS tree ;-), this is not a
> limitation.

Quite.  All that's needed is a map showing where the file _used_ to
be.  You still get to see the plain RCS files in their current
locations.  But I don't think CVS will ever get that ability, seeing
as how the CVS developers haven't done it yet.  Too bad.

> Well, I would not mind if `diff -u' could handle moves of a large
> chunk of text from one place to another in a meaningful way.  ;-)

A long time ago (mid-80s?) I had someone's version of diff that
actually could notice and represent _moved_ lines.  It was helpful
from time to time.  Want me to dig it up?  I might need to find a
working 5 1/4" floppy.  :-,
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>