CS> I agree.  POSIX threads' signal-handling model is really awkward, if I
CS> understand it correctly.  I've never spent a lot of time on it, but
CS> wearing my implementor hat, just the very idea of having a separate
CS> signal mask for each thread gives me the screaming heebie jeebies.

<stupid question>

Why should a signal mask per_THREAD, be any harder than a signal mask
per_PROCESS?

</stupid question>

I recall having this under good ol' MVS. Each process/task within each
address space had it's own set of capablities.

Hmm, unless the problem is the poor split between address spaces and
processes/tasks under unix?

<chaim>

<old professor>
Now there was some raw threading. None of this posix mush. Lock and Set,
Spin Locks, bare metal. Oh, those were the days....
</old professor>

--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183