On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 12:56:46PM -0700, Nathan Wiger wrote:
> straightforward: it's your CPAN id. But do we really *want* to support
> two modules with the same name but different authors? That seems like a
> recipe for mass confusion. Besides, there's an unlimited supply of
> similarly-concepted names (CGI::Simple, CGI::Easy, CGI::Minimal)
> available.

At a client I've already seen two teams of programmers using
CompanyName::Utils on different projects/machines. Of course, one day
they had to be installed on the same perl installation...

I think I like it. It provides the same safety as the Java way, but
without the verbosity in the general case ("use CGI" instead of
"use org.perl.CGI").

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed