Hi All,
    At the risk of sounding a bit thick, I have a couple of questions
about Perl6's multi keyword and mutilmethod in general.  This seems
like overloaded functions from C++ so why do we need a key word to
declare them rather than using something like C++'s name mangling?  Is
there something that I am just missing here?  From the wikipedia
article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimethods), it seems that
this is a way to write generic (or lambda (I think, please correct me
if I am wrong)) functions.  If that is the case, can we now write
generic/overloaded functions in Perl6 without OO or have I conflated
OO with overloading incorrectly?

Thanks,
Chris