On 12/12/06, Ovid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

A couple of quick things.

First, how do I do introspection in Pugs?  CPAN's Perl6::Bible hasn't
been updated in a while, but the various ways to get a list of methods
(from
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Perl6-Bible/lib/Perl6/Bible/S12.pod#Introspection
or http://tinyurl.com/yxukar) don't appear to work.  They all throw
syntax errors or "No compatible subroutine" errors.

it seems much of this is unimplemented. from the pugs test dir, C<ack
--perl "HOW"> returns some tests, but most of them are decorated with
C<< :todo<feature> >>.

Also, I'm having trouble with problem 7 in
http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~meidanis/courses/mc336/2006s2/funcional/L-99_Ninety-Nine_Lisp_Problems.html
or http://tinyurl.com/tt9e7.  Basically, it's flattening nested lists
and I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't figure this out in Perl6.
Thoughts?  I've been reading synopses and grepping through Pugs, but to
no avail.

* in index position flattens an array. it's mentioned in S02
(http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/design/syn/S02.html), among other
places. a quick test at http://run.pugscode.org/ suggests that it
works, too:

 pugs> my @a=[1,2,[3,4],5]; say @a[*];