On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 07:19:10PM -0400, Minimiscience wrote:
> When "take" is called on a variable that is later modified, is the
> Capture returned by the enclosing "gather" supposed to reflect the
> change or not?  I know that Captures are the Perl 6 equivalent of
> references, but it seems natural to expect the contents to be copied by
> value at some point prior to the variables being modified.

Currently the whole design of captures in general, and the semantics
of "take" in particular, are undergoing some rethinking and redesign.
Rakudo is generally waiting for the redesign to occur before making
any significant implementations changes in the area.

As soon as we have a bit more details on how captures and the
"take" function are going to work, we'll undoubtedly be implementing
them in Rakudo.  In the meantime what exists is Rakudo's "best guess
at implementation" based on the specs at the time the implementation
was written (which in the case of captures and gather/take may
be many months ago).

Hope this helps,

Pm