gvim (>):
> Does there currently exist a set of criteria by which Perl6, or an
> implementation thereof, can be defined as "production-ready"?

Not just one set of criteria, but lots of sets of criteria.

Some of these sets have already gone from showing a "no" flag to
showing a "yes" flag in the past few years. Lots of other sets will
switch over in the next couple of years.

Our challenge as a Perl 6 community is to attract those people whose
criteria makes Perl 6 interesting enough, so that they can help making
Perl 6 useful for even more people, by using it, reporting bugs,
writing tutorials, blogging about it, etc. This process is *already*
self-maintaining and snowballing, but we can consciously help boost it
in various ways.

But this is why when you ask the "production-ready" question, you'll
not get a short, straight answer but a long one like this one. :)

// Carl