Hi,

On 08/28/2012 10:09 PM, Marc Chantreux wrote:
> i'm writing an article on Perl6 and i would like some facts to reassure
> early adopters. according to the test suite and the will of Perl6
> implentors, what proportion (in %) of Perl6 can be concidered as stable?

That's a hard question to answer, because I don't know how to quantify
language features. Counting them is very difficult, because there are
"small" and "large" features, and which feature is what really depends
on your point of view.

> what are the parts that are not ? any link ?

I've tried to come up with some sort of stability rating for the specs,
and this is as far as I got: https://gist.github.com/2346494

It's easy to identify some subsytems that are definitively not stable:
IO, concurrency, Unicode support, object pipes.

There are areas that are pretty stable (control flow, basic OO,
variables, scoping).

Then there are areas that don't seem to have moved a lot recently, but
that have unresolved issues smoldering under the surface, and it's
unclear how large the waves will be when those issues are resolved.

Cheers,
Moritz

.oO( Never ask a 6er for completion estimates, for he will say both Yay
and Nay )