On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Tobias Leich <em...@froggs.de> wrote:

>  Also interesting might be the fact that BEGIN statements/blocks do return
> a value:
>
> say now() - BEGIN now; # parens needed to there so that it does not gobble
> args

Hmm, actually it does not let me put the parens there:
$ perl6 -e 'say now() - BEGIN now;'

===SORRY!=== Error while compiling -e
Undeclared routine:
    now used at line 1

This works:

$ perl6 -e 'say now - BEGIN now;'
0.0467931

but I am not sure why is that interesting. Could you elaborate please?

>>  One of them counts leap seconds, the other doesn't. Instant is supposed
>> to be a monotonic clock, the other isn't.

Oh and Timo,  I think, if I understand this correctly, they are both
monotonic in the mathematical sense.
Neither can decreases, can day?
The difference is that 'time' stops here-and-there and waits for a leap
second to pass before it resumes increasing.

Gabor