On Sunday, January 31, 2016, yary <not....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't find '.=' in the operator list.  Thanks.
>
> It's like "+="
>
> "$a .= foo(...)" is the same as "$a = $a.foo( ... )"
>
> Took me a bit to get my head around it when I first encountered it, now it's
> like "why don't more languages do this!"

That's great!  Thanks for the info. yary!

> (though if you're being purely functional, you won't be re-assigning
> variables.
> but that's a different kettle of fish)

Yep, that's kind of what fooled me when the docs say strings are
immutable. But then I think they say you can redefine them later by
assigning a new value to the variable. But I think you can keep them
immutable by the binding operator (or something like that).

I love this new language!

Cheers!

-Tom