Richard
On Thursday, December 01, 2016 08:00 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Hi All,

In Perl 6 running on Linux, what would be the best way
to get rid of the following system informational pop up
(this from a bash script)?  I other words, how do I
do a window pop up in Perl6 for Linux?

zenity --info --title="$0 $ExtraTitle" --text "$InfoText"

Many thanks,
-T

On 12/01/2016 04:18 AM, Richard Hainsworth wrote:
How about:

$perl6

> my $c = prompt("can I have some\n"); say "you told me: $c";
can I have some
indeed you are welcome
you told me: indeed you are welcome

explanation: perl6 runs REPL to try something out
prompt takes a string and prints it, waiting for a response, which it returns.
say outputs it.

Is that what you want?

I was looking for a pop up window.  I was looking  perl 6
for a replacement zenity.

This is zenity:
http://linux.byexamples.com/archives/265/a-complete-zenity-dialog-examples-2/

--