On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 18:08:47 +0100, Luca Ferrari <fluca1...@infinito.it>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:14 AM, ToddAndMargo <toddandma...@zoho.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is there a list of all the \n pairs out there somewhere?
> >

> Not sure, but if you mean a newline than I'm aware only of:
> - \n (unix)
> - \r\n (dos)
> - \n\r (old mac)
>
> At least I'm not unlucky enough to have encountered another combination.
>
> Luca

Don't rule out the idiots :)

00000a        LINE FEED
00000c        FORM FEED
00000d        CARRIAGE RETURN
00001e        RECORD SEPARATOR
00001f        UNIT SEPARATOR
00008d        REVERSE LINE FEED
002028        LINE SEPARATOR
0023ce ⏎      RETURN SYMBOL
00240a ␊      SYMBOL FOR LINE FEED
00240c ␌      SYMBOL FOR FORM FEED
00240d ␍      SYMBOL FOR CARRIAGE RETURN
00241e ␞      SYMBOL FOR RECORD SEPARATOR
00241f ␟      SYMBOL FOR UNIT SEPARATOR
002424 ␤      SYMBOL FOR NEWLINE
002b90        RETURN LEFT
002b91        RETURN RIGHT
002b92        NEWLINE LEFT
002b93        NEWLINE RIGHT
003037        IDEOGRAPHIC TELEGRAPH LINE FEED SEPARATOR SYMBOL
004dd7        HEXAGRAM FOR RETURN

Other than that, I am not aware of other default combinations than

  \n
  \r\n
  \r

But don't be surprised to see

  \r\r\n

On files written by perl5 on Windows with "\r\n" as $/ (for safety
reasons, so people on Windows can read the text too HaHa), as the
default ":crlf" layer converts the \n in \r\n into \r\n resulting
in a doubled \r

using perl5.00307 .. 5.25   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE