On 09/28/2017 08:08 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 11:03 PM, ToddAndMargo <toddandma...@zoho.com <mailto:toddandma...@zoho.com>> wrote:

    https://docs.perl6.org/language/5to6-perlfunc#chown
    <https://docs.perl6.org/language/5to6-perlfunc#chown>

    say we ain't got a "chown" sub.

    Will this be coming to a theater neat us in the future?
    (I will use a system call till then.)

It's another of those things where a proper Windows solution is not really compatible with the POSIX-flavored one (perl 5 provides a POSIXish hack and forces you to module space for a proper one on Windows), so Perl 6 has banished it to the ecosystem.

Of course, it'd be nice if we *had* such ecosystem, but that is no excuse to force a POSIX flavor on the core.

Makes sense.  Thank you!

I wonder why they did not "banish" (sound so harsh) chmod?

I will use a system call.