On 09/29/2017 07:25 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
The point of a hash is that it computes hash values from its keys for fast lookup,

Not me.  I use them to "organize" data all in one easy to look
up place.  For example:

my %SmtpIni = [
    'DebugTrace' => "",
    'smtp'       => "",
    'port'       => "",
    'username'   => "",
    'password'   => "",
    'from'       => "",
    'to'         => @[""],
    'Subject'    => "",
    'Text'       => "",
    'FileName'   => @[""] ];

You will notice that all the smtp information is organized
in one variable for easy retrieval.  And that %SmtpIni<password>
is absolutely obvious what password it refers to.  No guessing
involved.  No trying to figure out who goes to whom, especially
when using a global variables (which I try to keep to a minimum).

It is all about organization and readability for me, not speed.
If I wanted speed, I would go to the dark side and learn C.

The solution is to create and "index" of the hash and loop
on the index instead of the has if I want to see things in order.
That actually sounds like a fun code.

-T