    <mailto:toddandma...@zoho.com>> wrote:
     > Is it just me or does Perl 6 take about three times as long to
     > start up as Perl 5?  I do have a very fast machine and it takes
     > about seven see for some of my Perl 6 stuff to get past the
     > ruminating phase and start running.

    Seven seconds?  Seven?  That seems *very* long indeed.

    How long does it take to do:

        perl6 -e ‘’

    ?  That should be in the order of 130 msecs.  If that’s the case,
    then you’re probably doing a lot of grammar changes to Perl 6.  But
    without the actual code, this remains guessing.

     > Any workaround for this, or is this just growing pains for Perl 6?

    Not sure  :-)

    Liz

--
Simon Proctor