Perl6 Users,

The POSIX module in the ecosystem (https://github.com/cspencer/perl6-posix)
implements a few commonly used subs from POSIX IEEE Std 1003.1 in a single
file, which I found useful.  I wanted to use more of these so I coded a few
simple subroutines with NativeCall for my own use.  The more I look at it, I
will likely want to use a lot more of these functions/headers in Perl6 over the
long term.

Perl5 had a few of these subroutines included with the core distribution, as
well as a utility to extract header info.  Perl6 doesn't include POSIX IEEE Std
1003.1 in the core distro that I could see.

I am not a developer, otherwise I'd author Perl6 POSIX IEEE Std 1003.1 modules
for the ecosystem.  getaddrinfo/freeaddrinfo
(https://docs.perl6.org/language/nativecall#Short_tutorial_on_calling_a_C_function)
 clearly demonstrated to me that I was out of my depth, but some Perl6
developers seem to be fluent with these NativeCall constructs without breaking
a sweat.

Are there any initiatives to include POSIX IEEE Std 1003.1 in Perl6, hopefully
holistically?  Maybe with an extensible hierarchical file structure (I.e.
POSIX::getaddrinfo, POSIX::getnameinfo, etc.)?  Are there other Perl6 users who
see a need for more POSIX IEEE Std 1003.1 functions
(http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/idx/functions.html)?

Thanks,

Mark