On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 3:14 AM Peter Scott <pe...@psdt.com> wrote:

> On 9/26/2018 3:21 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> > Do your really think any beginner would be able to figure out
> > "words" from the above?
>
> If the beginner had studied the metasyntax of function prototypes,
> probably.

  Yeah, that's where a beginner needs to begin, in order to learn Perl6
from the docs.

  Syntax, metasyntax, all sorts of basics ...

> I heard about people
> who claim to have taught themselves Perl 5 from the Camel instead of the
> Llama, but they are few and far between, and in any case, most of the
> Camel contains exposition, if dense.

  I learned Perl 5 from the man pages.  It was more fun than efficient, but
I could easily afford it: It was not (at the time) my job. :)

  But we're not all wired the same way.  This endeavour looks to me neither
fun nor efficient.

Eirik